It feels like I just did this for 2018. That year flew by in a blink. So here we are, ready for writing in 2019 here at Word Nerd Scribbles!
Write 300 words a day. That’s it. I get to choose whatever project I feel like tinkering with for those 300 words and if I happen to write more than that minimum, who can possibly stop me? Muahahaha!
This may seem like a weak word count goal. Maybe it kind of is, but that’s because it’s undaunting. If I give myself too difficult a target, I just won’t do it (see the dictionary definition for Perfectionist), because I have so, so much going on in my life every single week that I’m lucky to find the time to write at all. Most of this will be written at work in between phone calls anyway.
- The Hopeful Wanderer – a collection of a year’s worth of the Wanderer short-stories posted here as well as longer, unreleased pieces, all crammed together into one novella. ~32,400 words
- The Porcelain Phylactery – a horror novella involving a porcelain doll and a body-switched lich. ~40,000 words
- Of Coffins and Graves – a fantasy-horror novel that has been my baby project for multiple years now. ~100,000 words
These are the projects I will be picking from. There may (read ‘will’) be other times when I write shorts for the various tabletop games I play because I’m my boss and I get to do what I want sometimes.
In 2018, I achieved:
- Finishing a project from 2017, one of 2018’s major goals.
- Completing over half of the Hopeful Wanderer flash fictions.
- Receiving multiple features in The Daily Pulp by twitter user @McLeanSix.
- Reaching follower/connection goals on all platforms except Facebook. Seriously, we only need like 10 more followers, so go like the Word Nerd Scribbles Facebook page!
This year, next year, and every year, I aim for the goal of entertaining you, my readers. Thanks so much for hanging around and reading what I write. It’s great to have you here!
Want to talk about your favorite thing about Word Nerd Scribbles so far? Got suggestions for goals? Let me know in the comments!
To keep up with future updates, writing thoughts, book reviews and to read free original short fiction, hit that follow button, subscribe through email, or throw a like on the Word Nerd Scribbles Facebook page.